Thursday, April 23, 2009

quotable lu

Lucy: "I don't like it. It doesn't taste very good."
Mommy: "Well, you still need to eat it, and it's not okay to say you don't like it at the dinner table... I'll let you get by with saying ' It's not my favorite.' "
Lucy: "ok Mommy"

a week goes by...

Mommy (before dinner): I'm trying a new recipe and the recipe says "Kids love it!!!"
Lucy (after dinner): I do like it!

another week goes by...

Mommy (before dinner): I'm trying a new recipe.
Lucy (after dinner) : Mommy, did your recipe say "It's not kids' favorite?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

things that made Mommy smile this week:



Daddy and Susie got haircuts... you think the plastic bag straight jackect is excessive?... maybe... but you've never seen Mommy give a haircut


Taking Henry to an ice cream party means everyone plays dodge the sticky toddler.

sunshine:



porch kayaking just before bedtime