Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm 4!




I 'm 4!! I woke up that morning and immediately asked for new clothes b/c I was certain I no longer fit in my 3 year old clothes after growing into a 4 year old overnight. (well, woke up would imply I actually went to sleep but Mommy and Daddy are pretty sure I watched the clock all night.) I got to pick my food for the day... french toast breakfast... pizza and a movie lunch... spaghetti dinner. I opened presents (thank you to everyone!!) I played... I napped... I partied (karaoke style)... I stayed up late to see the rock crushers at the quarry... and I roasted marshmallows over a campfire! It was a good day. I did cry at my party but I think Mommy's just realizing why the song was ever written in the first place. Too much sugar + overwhelming attention and overstimulation = "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to."

And in other news:

Daddy actually caught Henry's poop in his hand. It was a close one, you shouldn't ask too many questions or try to picture it... but otherwise potty training is going pretty well. The real test, however, will be at the zoo in a couple of days!








And let us not forget my sweet Susie... she turned three!... It was on my very first birthday that she entered our lives and stole our hearts -- and just look at how clean she is :) ...